Search through these databases to get access to Ebooks. After you have identified your keywords for your search, you can enter them into the search boxes in the following databases:
These books are available in the Laucala campus library, visit the Alafua campus catalogue for reference materials located in Samoa.
USP Library Catalogues and Other Book Sources
These resources will allow you to find books on either the Laucala or Alafua campuses where you may be taking your agriculture courses.
Finding Textbooks on Reserve for your Courses
Follow these steps to locate textbooks on closed reserve for your courses:
1. Go to the Laucala Campus library catalogue.
2. In the lefthand corner box under "Find Information" click "Closed Reserve."
3. Select your course from the dropdown menu (i.e. UU100) and click ok.
4. A list of your textbooks that are held at the main issue desk will display.
5. Write down the call number of the book you need and take it to the main issue desk. Items can be used for two hours in the library, and some items can be taken out overnight.
Searching Using Subject Headings
Subject Headings are assigned by the Library of Congress and may not be the same word you would use to describe your topic; if you're unsure of the subject heading for your topic, begin with a keyword search.
Some useful subject headings for Agriculture and Food technology are:
Agriculture -- environmental aspects
Farm management -- Tropics
Food industry and trade
Germplasm resources, Plant
Germplasm resources, Animal
Phytopathogenic microorganisms -- biological control
Some books from the Laucala Catalogue
These books are available in the Laucala campus library, visit the Alafua campus catalogue for materials located in Samoa.