Search through these databases to get access to Ebooks. After you have identified your keywords for your search, you can enter them into the search boxes in the following databases:
Google Book Search
Reference Books on Finance
A selection of recent Reference books held in the USP Library. These books are to be used in the library.
USP Library Catalogue and Other Book Sources
The online catalogs are used to find books in the library. You can look for a book by title, author, subject, or keyword.
Try searching the following sites using keywords to find books on your topic.
Finding Textbooks on Reserve for your Courses
Follow these steps to locate textbooks on closed reserve for your courses:
1. Go to the Laucala Campus library catalogue.
2. In the lefthand corner box under "Find Information" click "Closed Reserve."
3. Select your course from the dropdown menu (i.e. UU100) and click ok.
4. A list of your textbooks that are held at the main issue desk will display.
5. Write down the call number of the book you need and take it to the main issue desk. Items can be used for two hours in the library, and some items can be taken out overnight.
How to use Subject Headings to Search Finance Books
Subject Headings are assigned by the Library of Congress and may not be the same word you would use to describe your topic; if you're unsure of the subject heading for your topic, begin with a keyword search.
Some useful subject headings for Finance are:
|Narrower Terms:||International finance
Budget in business
Banks and banking
Contingencies in finance
Flow of funds
Lease or buy decisions
Women in finance
Information theory in finance
|See Also:||Currency question|
|Reference Notes:||see also: subdivision Finance under types of industries, corporate bodies, services, technical operations, etc., under ethnic groups, and under names of individual nongovernmental corporate bodies for works on the raising and expenditure of funds and under individual government bodies for works limited to the management of nonappropriated funds|
Some recent books on Finance from the USP Library Catalogue
This is a selection of items recently purchased by the USP Library. Check our Catalogue for other books on this subject.